LESSON10 - PORTS, TIPS, SUMMARY
the way of the computer to communicate with it's cards is through the
ports, lets say the screen data port is 3dah and the keyboard port
IN al,port ; al recieves the value in port
OUT port,al ; port recieves the value in al
basic listing of ports (can't get it on a list) :
0-7 : dma base ports
20h : pic, interrupt aknowlege
21h : interrupt masking port
40h : timer port
43h : timer init port
60h : keyboard keys port
64h : keyboard control port
3c8h : screen pal port
3dah : screen data port
and there are more, non significent or that I don't know (and there a lot)
- never use a source that don't know what it does.
- take sources and learn them.
- learn to use any debug program.
- assembly is a language that every mistake can be important and the computer
may hang, so don't give up.
- use qemm is traps errors that you won't know .
- get an interrupt list (very very important).
- don't be a lamer.
you have learned in those quick 10 lessons, to code in assembly - this
is realy the basic, currenly you can't do much but the hard work
is behind you.
now you will just have to learn the technics (no shortage of those)
and maybe some day you will right a better guide than this.
good programing to you all.
reminder : don't be one of those lamers that uses lots of units/lib and
say you are a good programmer, do it yourself that's the